This White Chili is one of our very favorite comfort foods! It is so nice on a COLD day!! You can make this chili as hot or as mild as you want.. it really depends on how spicy the salsa is that you buy. If you know Jared and me, we like it HOT!! The brand we get is called “El Pinto HOT Green Chili Salsa”.. it is pretty spicy but oh man, it’s GOOD. If you like it more mild, I’m sure you could just use some mild “La Victoria” brand and it will still taste great!
- 2 medium onions (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- Bottled green salsa (1-2 cups, as mild or hot as you would like)
- 2 (15oz.) cans corn, drained
- 2 (15oz.) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14oz) cans chicken broth
- 4 c. chicken, cooked, shredded
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- dash chili poweder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook onion in hot oil over medium heat. After it is carmalized a little bit, add the green salsa. Heat for about 3 minutes. Stir in corn, beans, broth, lime juice, cumin, chili powder and pepper. Cover and simmer on low for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionaly. (You can also combine all the ingredients, except for the cheese, in a crock pot on high for 4 hours... that is the way we like it best!) About 10 minutes before servind, add the cheese and stir until melted. Serve with crunched up tortilla chips. It's also really good served in bread bowls!