This Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus can be used as a side dish or it could also work great as a fancy appetizer! These are absolutely delicious!
- 12 spears fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 pound prosciutto (the more expensive,
- the less salty)
- 1 (8 ounce) package Cream cheese, softened
- 3-4 Tbsp. chopped green onion
- 1-2 tsp. minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Blanch asparagus for 1 minute then plunge into an icewater bath and drain WELL. Mix Cream cheese, green onion, and garlic together. Spread prosciutto slices with cream cheese mixture. Wrap slices around 2 or 3 asparagus spears. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with tin foil and spraying with cooking spray. Arrange wrapped spears in a single layer on a medium baking sheet, then spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until asparagus is tender.