So a couple weeks ago, Jared and I ate at Cheesecake Factory here in Salt Lake. I ordered this White Chocolate Caramel Maca-Nut Cheesecake and was DETERMINED to copy it! It is a little time-consuming, but WELL worth it!
- 1 1/2 c. crushed graham crackers (or Nilla Wafers)
- 1/3 c. butter, melted
- 1-2 c. white chocolate chunks (or 1/2 bag white chocolate chips)
- 1-2 c. macadamia nuts
- 1/4-1/2 c. caramel topping
- 2 pkgs cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 450 degrees and place a cookie sheet with water on the bottom inside.
- Mix together graham crackers and melted butter. Pat into the bottom of a 9" Springform pan and about 1/2 way up the sides. Sprinkle white chocolate chunks onto the crust (reserving a little for topping). Then sprinkle with macadamia nuts.. as much or little as you would like.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Then beat eggs in - one at a time blending well between each one. Pour into crust. Swirl about 1/2 of the caramel topping into the cream cheese mixture with a knife.
- When oven is heated, cover the bottom of the outside of the springform pan with aluminum foil and fold it up against the sides (so water doesn't leak in). Then place in the hot water bath for about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 350 degrees. Drain water from the pan, remove tin foil from springform, then place cheesecake back on the cookie sheet and bake for about 30-35 min or until top is golden brown. Cool for about 30 minutes before refrigerating, then refrigerate at least 4-5 hours.