This recipe is a steal from our cousins recipe blog Edwards Edibles. Kristen made this for Beau while he was in California and he loved it. So we attempted it today and it was sooo good. The only thing I did different was added a marinade – which is actually my favorite marinade for chicken that I got from my sister Echo.
- 1 packet "Good Seasons" dry italian dessing mix
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 28 oz can San Marzano tomatoes in juice with basil leaves
- 6 large fresh basil sprigs plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Coarse kosher salt
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until golden, about 5 minutes.
- In a blender add tomatoes, basil sprigs, and dried crushed red pepper and pulse a few times. Add tomato mixture to the garlic in the sacue pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until mixture is reduced to thick sauce consistency (about 3 cups), stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Season sauce to taste with coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Grill steaks and top with tomato sauce. Thanks Kristen for the good recipe!