These Sweet Corn Tamalitos taste just like the sweet corn cake at the Mexican restaurant “Chevy’s”. I love this stuff and since we don’t have a Chevy’s nearby, I had to make it myself! YUMMMMM! Goes very well with fajitas!
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup masa harina (Mexican corn flour--if you can't find this, you can use corn meal instead)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- In a medium bowl beat butter until it is creamy. Add the Mexican corn flour and water and beat until well mixed. Using a food processor, process thawed corn, but leave chunky. Stir into the butter mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix cornmeal, sugar, cream, salt, and baking powder. Add to corn flour mixture and stir to combine. Pour batter into an ungreased 8x8 inch baking pan. Smooth batter and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Place pan into a 9x13 inch baking dish that is filled a third of the way with water.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.