This is supposed to look like the number “100″ (because it is our 100th post!) … you might have to use your imagination a little bit. Maybe try squinting…
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake or devil's food cake mix
- 1 1/3 c. water
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 jar Dove hot fudge topping
- vanilla ice cream
- Smucker's Magic Shell chocolate topping
- whipped cream
- Make cake batter following the directions on the box. Pour about 1/2 c. of the batter into greased, glass custard bowls (or a large muffin pan, greased). Bake at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in the center of one and it comes out clean. When baked through, turn the cakes out of the bowls (or pan) and let cool in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. If the tops are rounded a little bit, cut them off so when you turn them upside down, they will lay flat. After you flip all the cooled cakes over, use a knife and cut about a 1 1/2-inch hole out of the top (what used to be the bottom). Scoop out a little of the cake then load about 2 Tbsp. of the fudge into the hole. Once this part is done you can cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, heat one cake at a time in the microwave for about 45 seconds or until the fudge begins to bubble. Remove from the microwave and let sit for about 30 seconds. Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the top of the cake, covering the hole. Pour a coating of magic shell over the ice cream, add whipped cream.. and enjoy!