This is basically the ‘Top Secret Restaurant Recipes’ recipe for Chili’s Southwestern Eggrolls, with a few adjustments of my own. I honestly think that these are BETTER than Chili’s!
This is one of my favorite recipes ever! Everyone who has tried them loves them, especially my father-in-law. YUMMMMMMMM!!!! They are the very best with guacamole ranch (see recipe below).
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 5 Tbs. minced green onion
- 5 Tbsp. minced red bell pepper
- 1 c. frozen corn kernels
- 1 can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 pkg. frozen spinach, thawed, drained well
- 3 Tbsp. diced jalapenos
- ¼ Tbsp parsley
- 1-2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1-2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1-2 c. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (depending on how cheesy you like em') flour tortillas (about 12)
- 1 qt. Oil (for deep frying)
- 1 packet TRADITIONAL Hidden Valley Ranch mix (not BUTTERMILK)
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, mashed
- Whisk ranch mix and mayo together, slowly add buttermilk. When well blended, cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Mix in avocados before serving.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in green onion and red pepper. Cook and stir 5 minutes, until tender. Mix in corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, parsley, cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir 5 minutes, until well blended and tender. Remove from heat and stir in Monterey Jack cheese so that it melts. Wrap tortillas with a clean, lightly moist cloth. Microwave on high approximately 1 minute, or until hot and pliable. Spoon even amounts of the mixture into each tortilla. Fold ends of tortillas, then roll tightly around mixture. Secure with toothpicks if needed.
- Arrange in a medium dish, cover with plastic, and place in the freezer. Freeze for at least 4 hours. In a large, deep skillet, heat oil for deep frying to 375 degrees. Deep fry frozen, stuffed tortillas 10 minutes each, or until dark golden brown. Drain on paper towels before serving.
- Arrange in a baking dish, cover with plastic, and place in the freezer for a. Freeze for about 30 minutes. In a large, deep skillet, heat oil for deep frying to 375 degrees. Deep fry until golden brown, remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Place on baking sheet and put in oven (at 350 degrees) for about 8 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Cut each roll in half and serve with salsa, sour cream, or *guacamole ranch (see below).