I can’t take any credit for this one at all (except for the picture). All credit for the recipe goes to the Pioneer Woman. Jared was browsing her website and begged me to make this sandwich… so I did. We loved this steak sandwich, Jared especially (it’s a man-pleaser for sure)! Thanks Pioneer Woman! (We added sliced Swiss cheese to the sandwich, other than that, this is the exact recipe from her site…)
- 2 to 3 pounds cube steak (tenderized round steak that’s been extra-tenderized
- 1 large onion OR 2 small/medium onions
- 4 French/Deli rolls
- Butter, man
- Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Swiss Cheese
- Slice onions and cook in 1/4 stick butter until soft and light brown. Remove and set aside.
- Slice cube steak against the grain. Season with Lawry’s.
- Heat 2 TBSP butter over high heat (in same skillet) until melted and beginning to brown.
- Add meat in single layer. Cook one side until brown, then flip and cook until brown, about a minute on both sides.
- Add 1/2 (at least) Worcestershire sauce, 5 to 6 shakes Tabasco, and 2 TBSP butter. Add cooked onions. Stir to combine.
- Butter halved French rolls and brown on skillet.
- To assemble, lay bottom half of French roll on plate. Place meat mixture, followed by a spoonfull of juice from the pan. Add cheese. Top with other half of roll, cut in half, and devour!