I made this recipe up a couple days ago with some of our extra butternut squash ravioli we had on hand (the kind from Costco). It turned out so good! For the sauce, I basically added Feta cheese to my usual alfredo sauce and didn’t use any sour cream. It was really tasty! The chicken has a LOT of flavor, too. I’m sure this would be really good with sauteed artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 1 Lb. chicken breasts
- Good Seasons dry Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 pkg. butternut squash ravioli (cooked according to package directions)
- 1 cube butter
- 1 pkg cream cheese
- 1/4-1/2 c. feta cheese
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. milk
- 1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rub chicken with Italian seasonings on each side (be fairly generous with the seasoning), then sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes (or until cooked through). Turn chicken over, sprinkle on more parmesan cheese, top with a good amount of the crumbled feta then return to the oven for another 3-5 minutes.
- While chicken is baking-- make the sauce...
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese, feta and and garlic powder, stirring with a wire whisk until smooth. Add milk and heavy cream a little at a time while, continue to whisk. Stir in parmesan cheese and salt & pepper. Remove from heat when it gets to the desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if needed.
- Remove chicken from oven and cut into thick slices. Pour sauce over cooked ravioli, top with chicken and any additional feta cheese (optional). Sprinkle fresh parsley over the top to make it look even prettier. Serve immediately.