We were watching the Travel Channel the other night and they featured a restaurant called Primanti Bros in Pittsburgh. We have never even heard of this place but their primanti sandwiches looked AWESOME. We loved the idea that they put coleslaw and fries on their sandwiches and thought we would make our own version. Since we have never been to this place and had their sandwiches, we can’t really claim that it tastes like the real thing… however… the sandwiches we made were DELICIOUS and we will be making them again FOR SURE! It might just be our new favorite thing to put coleslaw and fries on our sandwiches!
- 1 loaf homemade bread, sliced into 8 big slices
- Mayo, to taste
- 1/2-3/4 lb. deli turkey
- 1/2-3/4 lb. deli ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 1-2 tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste (for tomatoes)
- Cole slaw (clickHERE for the recipe)
- Shoestring French Fries, prepared
- Separate the ham and turkey into 4 piles on a cookie sheet, place one slice of each cheese on each pile. Put the meat and cheese in the oven at about 400-degrees for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. While the meat is in the oven, spread mayo onto each slice of bread. Take the meat from the oven and place each pile onto 4 of the bread slices. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper, a heap of coleslaw and a handful of fries on to each sandwich. Top off the sandwiches with the remaining pieces of bread. Serve with remaining fries and coleslaw.