My Mom always makes this potato salad at family picnics, BBQs, or other gatherings and it ALWAYS gets polished. It is my favorite potato salad in the world! Period. I actually have never had potato salad that even comes CLOSE to being as good as my Mom’s. My Mom just knows how to make it right.
- 5 medium potatoes (red potatoes taste the best)
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. Mayo (or Miracle Whip)
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- mustard, to taste
- 1/2 c. sweet pickle relish (or 5 to 6 diced baby dill pickles, if you don't like it sweet)
- Boil potatoes (do not peel) for about 40 minutes until potatoes are tender, but still firm (if you are using red potatoes do it for less time.. 15-20 minutes or so).
- Peel and dice potatoes AND eggs. Add salt and pepper and toss. Mix remaining ingredients separately and fold into potato mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight (or at least 6-8 hours).