Oriental Chicken Salad
- 2/3 c. honey
- 1/3 c. rice vinegar
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp. oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c. milk
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1/2 c. cornfake crumbs
- ½ c. Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 c. vegetable oil (for frying)
- 6 c. chopped romaine letuce
- 1 c. red cabbage (optional)
- ¾ c. carrot, julienned or shredded
- ½ c. sliced almonds 1 c. chow mein rice noodles
- Throughly mix dressing ingredients then move to fridge to cool while preparing salad.
- Preheat oil in deep fryer or deep pan over medium heat (or 350 degrees). Beat together egg and milk in a small bowl. In another bowl, combine flour with corn flake and Panko crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Cut each chicken breast into 4 or 5 long strips and dip in egg then flour mixtures. Fry for 6-7 minutes or until browned then remove to plate covered with a paper towel. (If the chicken is not quite done, place them in the oven at 350.)
- Prepare salad by tossing the chopped romaine with the chopped red cabbage, and carrots. Sprinkle on almonds (I carmelized the almonds with 2 tbs. sugar in a sauce pan), then the chow mein noodles, chicken pieces, and dressing.
Copyright Favorite Family Recipes 2012