This Strawberries and Cream Cake is a great summer recipe to enjoy those fresh strawberries! Perfect for a 4th of July picnic, potluck or family get together. Even my husband who doesn’t really like fruity cakes LOVED this one! The frosting is light and creamy and brings out all that fresh strawberry deliciousness!! You could easily change it from strawberries and cream cake to raspberries or blackberries too for another tasty version.
- 1 box white cake mix (dry, unprepared)
- 1 box (3 oz.) strawberry gelatin (dry, unprepared)
- 1 c. fresh strawberries (blended)
- 1 c. oil
- 1/2 c. buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- 2 (8oz.) cream cheese (softened)
- 3/4 c. fresh strawberries (blended)
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 c. cool whip (softened)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place strawberries in blender and puree well. (One regular size package of fresh strawberries was about right for both the cake and frosting!)
- Combine cake mix and strawberry gelatin in large bowl. Mix in 1 c. blended strawberries, oil and buttermilk. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Pour into a 9x13 inch pan lined with cooking spray. Bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
- Frosting: Mix together cream cheese and 3/4 c. blended strawberries until smooth. Add powdered sugar. Mix well. Fold in cool whip. Pour over cooled cake. Garnish with additional fresh strawberries if desired. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.