I know there are a lot of Spinach Dip recipes out there, but I love this one because you use fresh spinach. Like everything else, the flavor is so much better when you use fresh! I like using whole spinach leaves, but feel free to chop up the spinach before cooking if you like them smaller.
- 1 sourdough bread bowl
- 1 can (13 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 3 c. fresh spinach
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 c. pepper jack cheese, grated
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 c mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare bread bowl by cutting a circle around the top (save top piece) and hollowing out inside of bread to make a bowl.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients together except mozzarella cheese.
- Pour into bread bowl.
- Replace cut out top piece of bread bowl.
- Wrap entire bread bowl in aluminum foil.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake about 1 hour or until spinach is soft and heated through.
- Unwrap foil, remove bread top and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Serve with pieces of removed bread, tortilla chips, or crackers.