This is a delicious Danish side-dish that my husband introduced me to. We have this every year with our Danish Christmas dinner and I love it! This brunede kartofler also goes well with pork chops or pork tenderloin.
- 12-15 small new potatoes (you can find these in a can with canned veggies, about 2 cans)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Drain potatoes and pat dry.
- In a large skillet cook the sugar on medium-low heat until completely melted. DO NOT STIR!
- When melted and slightly darkened around the edges, add the butter and stir until it becomes kind of a syrupy mixture.
- Add the potatoes and a little bit of water (if the mixture starts to stiffen and form lumps turn the heat up and it will melt again).
- Moving the skillet around, gently cover each potato in the mixture, continuing to cook for about 6-8 minutes.