This Cranberry Salsa is another delicious recipe from my mother-in-law and one of my favorite appetizers this time of year. It is made with fresh ingredients and has an incredible sweet/tangy flavor. I especially love it because it looks festive- a great appetizer for Christmas/Holiday parties. It is great on it’s own but we like it best over cream cheese then we like to use anything from tortilla chips to crackers to scoop it up. It is also really good on meats (like a relish)- we had it on our turkey for Thanksgiving and it was amazing!
- 1 package fresh cranberries (not canned)
- 1 jalapeno (with seeds removed)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Pulse a few times, until ingredients are in small bits, but not completely blended together.
- Serve over cream cheese with crackers or chips.
- You can also serve as a relish over meats.