Caramel Apple Dumpling Bites
- 1/2 package Rhodes frozen dinner rolls (uncooked), thawed but not raised
- 3 granny smith apples
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter (not margarine)
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. Mrs. Richards butterscotch caramel (or your favorite caramel topping)
- In a large fry pan, melt together the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon over medium heat.
- Take half a package of Rhodes frozen dinner rolls and cut each roll into 4 quarters. Add the mini roll bites into the butter/brown sugar mixture and toss to coat. Place lid over fry pan and let cook while you cut and slice the apples.
- Turn over the rolls in the fry pan and toss in the sliced apples. The rolls should be nicely browned on one side. Continue to fry (stirring occasionally) until apples and rolls are thoroughly cooked. Spoon the mix onto a plate and drizzle a little caramel sauce over the top. Serve with a side of vanilla ice cream.
Copyright Favorite Family Recipes 2012