This country vegetable chowder is delicious! I know I say this about a lot of the recipes that I post, but it is one of our very favorites! I posted this for the first time a LOOONNNG time ago– like 5 years ago… (EXACTLY 5 years ago actually) but it wasn’t getting the traffic it deserved… so I am re-posting!
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 3 c. potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 c. broccoli, chopped
- 1 1/2 c. carrots, sliced
- 2 cans corn
- 1 can cream-style corn
- 1 small can diced green chilies
- 1 pkg. country-style gravy mix
- 2 c. milk
- 1 small pkg. cubed mexican-style Velveeta cheese (about 2 cups)
- In large pot, melt margarine over medium high heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth; bring to a boil. Add potatoes; cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, then add carrots and broccoli and simmer for another 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in corn and chiles; return to boiling. Dissolve gravy mix in milk; stir into boiling mixture. Add cheese; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.