My in-laws made these for us a while back and we fell in love. These veggie quesadillas are FULL of flavor and quite healthy (under 400 calories per serving)! You can serve them with sour cream or salsa, but they are great all by themselves! My kids eat these up (they have no idea that they are getting veggies). Great for an appetizer, a quick, snack, or even a meal! I could go on and on about how good they are but, really, you just gotta make em!
- 1 c. frozen corn
- 1 c. grated zucchini (juices squeezed out)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. diced jalapeno (or more if you like it hot)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1-2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 2 c. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- flour tortillas (if you want to be really healthy, use whole-wheat tortillas)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the cheese (and tortillas of course). Place mixture in a large skillet and fry until hot.
- In the meantime, heat a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan. On half of the tortilla add a few large scoops of the corn/bean mixture and a little cheese. Fold tortilla over, then flip sides. When cheese is melted, cut in half and serve!