This recipe for Breadtwists (twisted bread sticks) is so easy and sooo good! This recipe is inspired by our love of the breadtwists at the Pizza Factory in Utah. Two of us sisters worked there when we were in High School and now that we are far away we dream about these, and the amazing salad bar, and the gobbler sandwiches! Whenever we do get to visit Utah, I love hitting up the Pizza Factory, something about it just feels like home. If you want truly authentic pizza factory breadtwists, add a little dill into the garlic butter. Then dip them in ranch, or alfredo sauce, or marinara, or honey butter.
Breadtwists (Our Version of The Pizza Factory Breadsticks)
- 1½ cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- Let that sit for 5 minutes. Then add:
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- real butter
- minced garlic
- grated parmesan cheese
- kosher salt
- dill (optional)
- homemade ranch
- alfredo sauce
- Mix until smooth then let raise for 10 minutes. Roll out dough into a large square on a floured surface. Brush with melted (real) butter mixed with minced garlic and then sprinkle with kosher salt. Fold in half and cut into 1 inch strips. Twist and place on a cooking sheet. Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes to raise. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately after baking, brush with more garlic butter (optional: mix in a little dill with the butter) and sprinkle with kosher salt and grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve with marinara(see below), alfredo sauce, or ranch for dipping.
- Dough also makes a great pizza dough, just roll out into a large circle, add your favorite toppings, and bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Brown about a Tbsp of minced garlic in olive oil in the bottom of a sauce pan. Add 1 small can of tomato paste, 1 small can tomato sauce, and 1 tomato, lightly blended. Then add 2 tsp. basil and 2 tsp. oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for half an hour.
Copyright Favorite Family Recipes 2015