I know it sounds weird.. butternut squash ravioli with chocolate?! Yes. And I am telling you, it is AMAZING. I first had this when we were living in the bay area and I fell in love. It is sweet and savory and delicious! This is a great recipe for Valentine’s Day or for anniversaries.
- Butternut Squash Ravioli (I can usually find it at Costco)
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. grated paremsan cheese (the powdery kind)
- 1/4 c. pine nuts - toasted
- dark chocolate (I like Ghiradelli)
- Boil the ravioli. In a seperate sauce pan combine the butter and brown sugar on medium heat til they dissolve together, then simmer until the sauce thickens (it will thin out when you stir in the ravioli).
- Remove from heat and add the parmesan and pine nuts. Drain the ravioli and gently stir it in with the sauce.
- Place ravioli on individual plates and top with additional parmesan cheese and grated dark chocolate. (The dark chocolate really brings out an amazing flavor to the dish, don't skip this part!)