I love coleslaw but hate paying $4 a pound for it. This recipe is CHEAP to make and it is SO easy! You can get 4 times the amount of coleslaw for a fraction of the price you would pay at a deli… PLUS, this tastes much better than deli coleslaw! (The coleslaw actually comes out creamier than what it looks like in the picture.. )
|Coleslaw (tastes just like KFC)|| |
- 8 c. cabbage, finely chopped
- ¼ c. shredded carrot
- (or you can use a couple bags of the pre-chopped cabbage-carrot mixture)
- ⅓ c. sugar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 1¼ c. milk
- ½ c. mayonnaise
- ¼ c. buttermilk
- 1½ Tbsp. white vinegar
- 2½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1½ Tbsp. mustard (optional, but adds a nice flavor)
- Chop up the cabbage and carrots into fine pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, salt, pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, lemon juice and mustard, and whisk until smooth. Add the cabbage and carrots. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Drain excess liquid and stir well before serving.