These Philly Cheesesteaks are amazing. Period. A special “thank you” to my husband for thinking of adding cream cheese. It adds a whole new dimension that I can’t live without anymore. These also make GREAT French Dip subs.. just simmer up some Au Jus and dip the subs in. I can’t even begin to tell you how good it is! Oh the deliciousness…
- 2 c. beef broth
- 1 pkg onion soup mix
- 1 lb. Black Angus rare roast beef (regular roast beef works great too, just make sure it's from the deli and thinly sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large white or yellow onion, sliced
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- sliced provolone cheese (2 slices per sandwich)
- 3-4 hoagie rolls
- Bring beef broth and onion soup mix to a boil. Add roast beef, reduce heat, and simmer for about 5-10 minutes. In the meantime, in a large skillet saute onion and green pepper.
- When beef is done simmering, drain juices (you can keep the juice if you want to make an "au jus" dip.. I tried this a couple weeks ago when I made these at my sister's house and it was awesome). Add roast beef to skillet along with about 4 oz. of cream cheese.
- Spread remaining cream cheese on each hoagie roll. When the cream cheese in the skillet is all melted, generously portion beef mixture onto each hoagie roll.
- Top with provolone cheese and place sandwiches, open-faced on a large baking sheet.
- Broil on high for about a minute or until cheese becomes bubbly and bread becomes slightly toasty. Remove from oven and serve immediately.