We saw this show on the Travel Channel (Man vs. Food to be exact) where they showcased these restaurants both claiming to have the best ‘cheese-filled’ burger. One place calls the burger a “Juicy Lucy” and the other calls it a “Jucy Lucy”… I will go with “Joosie Loosie” so there is no confusion
Anyway– My hubby was telling me how bad he wanted to have one so instead of paying hundreds for plane tickets to go whereever it was they had these burgers, I created my own version. They were amazing. Next time we will try it with blue cheese or pepper jack cheese (they stressed on the show to NEVER use cheddar cheese.. don’t ask me why)!
|Joosie Loosie|| |
- (makes 4 burgers)
- 1.5 Lbs ground beef
- ½ c. oatmeal (optional)
- 3-4 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder (or to taste)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- parsley flakes (to taste)
- Velveeta cheese, sliced and cut into little squares (so they look like mini cheese slices-- on the show they used American cheese, like Kraft Singles, but we wanted to use Velveeta instead)
- hamburger buns
- your favorite hamburger toppings/condiments
- Combine beef, oatmeal, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper and parsley in a bowl. Separate into 8 parts and flatten out into thin patties. Place some cheese (we loaded the cheese on) on top of 4 of the patties and then cover with the 4 remaining patties. Press the edges of the patties to form a tight seal (you don't want the cheese oozing out before you bite into it). Grill or cook in a pan for a few minutes on each side-- just like you would grill/cook any other burger (use your best judgement for done-ness... you don't want to cut in it too much because you don't want the cheese coming out). Serve on hamburger buns and top with your favorite toppings.