This Loaded Cheesy French Bread is the BEST! This is packed full of flavor and the best thing about it is that you can add whatever toppings you want –like a pizza. It is perfectly customizable to your liking. Just plan to go on a 10-mile run after eating it so you won’t feel quite as guilty… maybe a 15-mile run. Either way… SO worth it! This also freezes GREAT. Just freeze it before baking and it will last you a couple meals. It is the perfect side-dish to the usual rotation-meal spaghetti.
- 1 loaf french bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 c. butter, softened (not melted)
- 2 heaping Tbsp. Mayonnaise (stick with the real stuff, not low-fat)
- 3 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 can olives, sliced
- 20 slices pepperoni, chopped (again, we like to use turkey pepperoni)
- 1 c. mushrooms, sliced, then roughly chopped
- 2-3 green onions, sliced and chopped
- Any other pizza toppings you like, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients (except for the bread) using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- When everything is mixed together really well, spread the mixture evenly over the bread and bake at 325-degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is slightly crispy. Cut up into individual slices and serve.
- When we made this we froze half of it before baking and saved it for later. It heats up GREAT after it has been frozen!