My son would eat fettuccine alfredo every meal if he could. To keep him happy and to prevent the rest of us from obesity, I came up with this lower-fat fettuccine alfredo that everybody loves!
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) whole wheat fettuccine noodles, cooked
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) non-fat or low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 to 2 c. low-fat milk
- 1 T. butter, softened
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. onion salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2/3 c. parmesan cheese (fresh grated is best!)
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- sliced grilled chicken
- artichoke hearts
- anything else you like with your pasta!
- Cook fettuccine noodles according to package directions.
- In blender, combine cream cheese, milk, butter and spices. Blend together well then pour into saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until warm and thickened. Add parmesan cheese and continue to stir until melted.
- Spoon over warm fettuccine noodles. Add additional toppings if desired.