This copycat of Old Spaghetti Factory’s Mizithra Pasta is amazing! I love when we can nail down a favorite dish from one of our favorite places. This recipe only has a few ingredients but it is all about the way it is prepared and the process of browning the butter. The best part? This recipe will be a favorite of your pickiest eaters! :)
- 1 pkg. spaghetti (1 lb)
- 2 cubes REAL butter
- 1/2 to 3/4 lb. Mizithra Cheese, grated
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted, boiling water until al dente. Drain. While pasta is cooking, start slowly melting butter over medium heat until golden brown. The butter will foam up and rise, but just keep stirring until it turns brown.
- Remove pan from heat and allow the sediment to settle at the bottom of the pan for a few minutes. Here is what it will look like when it is all settled:
- Do not stir up the sediments in the pan, you want the clear butter separated from the stuff at the bottom. Pour the browned butter into a separate bowl, again, keeping the butter separated from the sediment.
- Toss the pasta with the butter when it is ready. Sprinkle with Mizithra cheese to taste.
- Serve immediately.