This is a MUST TRY and it is one of our most popular recipes here on Favorite Family Recipes. There are few things I love more than Nothing Bundt Cakes. They are pricey, but worth it. If you don’t have a Nothing Bundt Cakes nearby the next best thing is to make your own (for a fraction of the cost of buying one). Even if you have never had a Nothing Bundt Cake, make this and you will see what all the fuss is about! I have tried my hand at several bundt cakes and this chocolate chocolate chip cake is my favorite (well… this one and the White Chocolate Raspberry, click HERE)! Every time I have made this cake I ALWAYS get people begging me for the recipe. It is THAT good.. plus it is beautiful! Trust me, you are going to love it! The frosting alone is simply amazing! Be sure to read all of the rave reviews below in the comments!
|Our Version of Nothing Bundt Cakes’ Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake|| |
- 1 pkg. devils food cake, German chocolate cake, or chocolate cake mix
- 1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding
- 1 c. sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- ½ c. water
- ½ c. oil
- 1½ c. mini chocolate chips
- 2 (8 ounce) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. butter, softened
- 3-4 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Mix first six ingredients together with a beater. Add chocolate chips. Pour into a greased bunt cake pan (cooking spray works best). Cook in oven at 350 degrees for 45-50 mins. Remove from oven. Let cool for 20 mins. Remove from pan. (I think it tastes best if you put it on a serving plate, wrap it well in Saran Wrap, and let it sit overnight in the fridge before frosting and serving..)
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the powdered sugar (start with 2 cups then keep adding more until it is nice and thick). That's it!