This pesto chicken is the perfect, quick summer dish. It has a bright flavor and the combination of the different flavors will leave everyone thinking you spent way more time on making it than you actually did! I adapted this recipe from our stuffed pork tenderloin recipe. I was wanting to make the stuffed tenderloin one night but realized I forgot to pick up the most important ingredient — the tenderloin. I had some chicken on hand and improvised. It turned out better than expected and was SO easy! We served it with roasted potatoes and asparagus but it would go well with just about any side dish.
- 4-6 chicken breast halves
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 c. roasted red peppers, sliced
- 4-6 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 pkg. dried pesto seasoning (like Knorr brand, can be found by the gravy/dressing mixes)
- feta cheese, to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound chicken breasts until they are about 1/2" thick.
- Using a small spatula, spread cream cheese evenly over each piece of chicken.
- Top with red peppers and bacon. Sprinkle dried pesto and feta evenly over each chicken breast and sprinkle lightly with olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for appx 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.