This Halloween Pumpkin Cobbler has become our traditional Halloween dessert. It’s kind of like an upside down pumpkin pie, but I like it even better. It is so easy to throw together and is the perfect dish for fall when you are starting to crave pumpkin. We eat this warm out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It’s the perfect dessert to warm you up after a long night of trick or treating or after a cold game of football. You are going to love the way your house smells when it is baking!
- 4 eggs
- 3 c. pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. clove
- 3 c. half and half
- 1 yellow cake mix (unprepared)
- 1/2 c. butter (melted)
- cinnamon and sugar (to taste)
- chopped pecans (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl then pour into a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over the top (I usually only end up using about 3/4 of the box).
- Pat the cake mix down a little then pour melted butter evenly over the top. Then sprinkle with a little cinnamon and sugar (and pecans-optional).
- Bake at 350 for 60 minutes. Knife in center should come out clean when it is done. Serve with cool whip or vanilla ice cream over the top.
Copyright Favorite Family Recipes 2015