I got this idea from my good friend, Lexi. Her family grew up having these (her family actually calls them “bear claws” but I didn’t want to confuse anyone searching for pastries so we will call them Sloppy Joe Cups). They are delicious! It’s basically just a fun and different way to have Sloppy Joes. One of my favorite things about them is they aren’t quite as sloppy as Sloppy Joes but the kids gobble them up jsut the same! I love the taste of the biscuit with the sloppy Joe mix and the melted cheese over the top. Definitely worth a try if you are in the mood for a quick and easy (and cheap) dinner!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 cans refrigerated biscuit dough
- 2 c. sloppy joe sauce (homemade or canned)
- shredded cheddar cheese (I like sharp cheddar best)
- In a large skillet, brown beef and onion. Add sloppy joe sauce and simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes. While beef mixture is simmering, open biscuit dough and press individual biscuits into a greased muffin tin forming a "cup".
- Place a scoop of beef mixture into the center of each biscuit cup and bake at 350-degrees for about 15-20 minutes (take them out when the edges are a deep, golden brown). Immediately top with cheese, then serve!