This Chicken Artichoke Pasta can be prepared and ready to eat in 30 minutes. You will love the tender chicken, flavorful artichokes, and creamy sauce.
Chicken Artichoke Pasta
This Chicken Artichoke Pasta is so easy to put together and everyone — including my picky eaters — LOVE it! We got this recipe from Emily’s sister-in-law, Katelyn. She is a fabulous cook and her family has so many good recipes. We are excited that she shared this one with us.
Tips for Chicken Artichoke Pasta
This pasta has a variety of good flavors. I especially love the red pepper flakes because they give the dish just a little kick of heat. Make sure to use fresh grated parmesan cheese. In my opinion, the grated parmesan that comes in the shaker bottle makes the sauce too grainy. I also like using fresh chopped garlic. I think it adds more flavor than the minced garlic that comes in a jar.
Substitutions/Adjustments to Try
We used chicken in this recipe, but it would also go really well with shrimp if your family likes seafood. Just add 1 pound of uncooked, deveined shrimp instead of the chicken. If you are looking for a vegetarian version of this recipe, replace the chicken with mushrooms. This pasta makes really good leftovers, but it does dry out a little. Make sure to add a little cream or milk before heating it up in the microwave. I’ve also noticed that sometimes when you heat chicken up in the microwave it gives it a weird taste, but adding a little salt before microwaving helps to counteract the taste.
If you like the idea of working artichokes into your meal plan, here are a few great recipes to try.
- Spinach Artichoke Dip in a Bread Bowl is made with fresh spinach, three kinds of cheese and is heated and served right inside the bread bowl. Yum!
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip is a favorite appetizer. Creamy, bubbly, cheesy, this dip always disappears fast. It’s the best spinach artichoke recipe ever.
- Grilled Artichokes with Creamy Lemon Dip is an irresistible appetizer that is easy to make and fun to eat.
- Sun Dried Tomato and Artichoke Dip is inspired by favorite pizza toppings — bacon, sun dried tomatoes, and artichokes. Tasty on bread or crackers.
How To Make Chicken Artichoke Pasta
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 C green onions chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 C water
- 14 oz artichoke hearts drained
- 1 C heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp butter
- 10-12 oz penne pasta cooked
- 3/4 C fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil, onions, and garlic in a large skillet.
- Add chicken, salt, and red pepper flakes. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Add water and scrape the bottom of the skillet.
- Add artichoke hearts and heavy cream.
- Let reduce (cook 7 minutes until half as thick).
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Add pasta and parmesan cheese. Enjoy!