Low Fat Fettuccine Alfredo tastes every bit as good as the traditional pasta dish, but is much better for you! We eat this on a regular basis at our house.
My son would eat Fettuccine Alfredo for every meal if he could. He is really active in sports and this is his go to for loading up on carbs before a big game. To keep him happy and to prevent the rest of us from obesity, I came up with this lower-fat fettuccine alfredo dish. We are all crazy about it, and the best part is that my kids can’t tell the difference! Even my son, who is crazy about Alfredo pasta, eats this stuff up and goes back for seconds.
- 1 pkg. 12 oz. whole wheat fettuccine noodles, cooked
- 1 pkg. 8 oz. non-fat or low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 to 2 c. low-fat milk
- 1 T. butter softened
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. onion salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes optional
- 2/3 c. parmesan cheese fresh grated is best!
- Cook fettuccine noodles according to package directions.
- In blender, combine cream cheese, milk, butter and spices. Blend together well then pour into saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until warm and thickened. Add parmesan cheese and continue to stir until melted.
- Spoon over warm fettuccine noodles. Add additional toppings if desired.