With this Pumpkin Waffles recipe you can turn a waffle mix into something special! It only takes a few simple ingredients and some canned pumpkin.
We woke up this morning wanting something pumpkiny, so we created these Pumpkin Waffles! They turned out better than we had hoped! These are SUPER easy to make and VERY delicious! We will definitely be making these again soon.
I fell in love with pumpkin pancakes when they started serving them during the fall and winter seasons several years ago at IHOP. The pumpkin pancakes are more moist and dense than a regular pancake. The pumpkin flavor goes so well with maple syrup. We created a recipe that tastes every bit as good as the pumpkin pancakes you can get at a restaurant. Try our Pumpkin Pancakes with Caramel Maple Syrup and Candied Pecans for another fall breakfast idea.
If you prefer waffles to pancakes, this recipe is for you! In my opinion, the benefit of eating waffles is that they can hold more syrup. With some real pumpkin puree, not just flavoring, and some cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar, these waffles are incredibly good.
Health Benefits of Pumpkin
There truly are great health benefits that come from eating pumpkin – and this Pumpkin Waffles recipe uses real pumpkin. Pumpkin can be used in a lot of different recipes. My favorite pumpkin recipes are desserts, of course, but pumpkin is also very good in soups and casseroles. A couple of my favorite pumpkin recipes to make in the fall are Dinner in a Pumpkin and Pumpkin Cobbler. Pumpkin has a squash-like taste and texture, and adds a lot of flavor to recipes. It’s worth giving it a try to get the boost of vitamins and antioxidants pumpkin provides. Here are just a few of the health benefits of eating pumpkin:
- Better Eyesight
- Weight Loss
- Possible cancer and wrinkle prevention
More Pumpkin Recipes
If you are in the mood for more pumpkin, try out these delicious pumpkin recipes.
- Pumpkin Drop Cookies – With only 3 ingredients, these cookies are quick and easy to make.
- Soup in a Pumpkin – This soup is really cooked right inside a pumpkin! The house smells amazing as it cooks. The bits of pumpkin that cook into the soup are so tasty!
- Pumpkin Steamers – This pumpkin drink with warm you on a cold, autumn day. The drink is rich and creamy with flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Coffee Cake – This delicious coffee cake has a cream cheese layer and crumb topping that is out of this world. It’s perfect for a breakfast, brunch, snack, or dessert.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse Cups – A smooth and creamy mousse that is simple to make, but looks elegant and tastes heavenly!
- Pumpkin Cobbler – This is a traditional fall dessert at our house. A creamy pumpkin pie like layer is topped with a crunchy, buttery, crust. It is incredible served warm with homemade whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.
- Mix waffle mix, eggs, oil, water, pumpkin, spices, and sugar in a medium-sized mixing bowl until smooth.
- Pour batter onto waffle iron and cook until golden brown (or to desired doneness).
- Top with butter, syrup, whipped cream, and/or pecans.
- Waffle Iron