These Strawberry Cinnamon Twists are so yummy! We have a secret cheater method of preparing these—you won’t believe how easy it is!
Strawberry Cinnamon Twists
These Strawberry Cinnamon Twists are so yummy! It’s a true family favorite. People always seem surprised at how quickly I can whip these up, but it’s thanks to a secret shortcut I utilize.
Use This Dough Shortcut
Want to hear the secret that makes preparing these SUPER easy? I’ll let you in on it!
Sometimes when I am craving cinnamon rolls or twists, but don’t want to make dough from scratch (like this time!), I use Rhodes bread dough instead. You can find their dough in the freezer section at the grocery stores.
Rhodes has a sweet dough, but it’s hard to find, so I usually use their white bread dough. Honestly, I think it is every bit as good as dough from scratch but soooo much easier! I just put the dough in a bowl lined with cooking spray, cover it with plastic wrap, and let the dough rise overnight. It’s seriously one of my favorite cooking cheats!
For you traditionalists out there, we have an awesome dough base if you still want to make it from scratch HERE. For those of you that like things easy, try my trick and I promise I won’t tell your friends. Everyone will think you put so much work into making these from scratch, they won’t be able to tell the difference, I promise!
Flavors in The Strawberry Cinnamon Twists
There’s a lot of flavor in these twists. I made them a few weeks ago to take around to some family and friends and everyone was crazy about them!
It has a yummy strawberry filling (hence the name) that adds a tart-sweet combo. For the strawberry filling, I use our Homemade Strawberry Jam, which is also really easy to make! Of course, there’s no reason why you couldn’t sub it out for a different flavored jam such as blackberry or even apple butter.
I especially loved the almond-flavored cream cheese frosting that is generously drizzled to the top of these twists. If you aren’t a lover of almond extract you can always use vanilla instead.
Of course, this pastry has cinnamon as well, which I love. However, if you aren’t a cinnamon fan you can decrease or remove it. Make it your own!
More Pastries to Try
- Alligator Jaws Pastry with Cherry Buttercream Frosting
- Pumpkin Pasties
- Very Best Lemon Bars
- Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
- Apple Crisp
How to Make Strawberry Cinnamon Twists
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangular shape. Brush the melted butter all over the dough. Sprinkle generously with sugar, then lightly with cinnamon. Spread a layer of strawberry jam over that.
- Fold the dough in half lengthwise with the filling in the center, so you now have a really long rectangle. Cut into 1 inch strips, twist, and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Let raise until almost double in size then bake at 375 for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes, then drizzle with frosting:
- Mix together frosting ingredients, then spoon into a plastic baggie. Cut a small hole off one corner of the bag so you can pipe the frosting over the pastries.