This Thai Red Beef Curry dish is one of my favorite Thai recipes. The potatoes, sliced steak, and peanuts in the flavorful Thai sauce is served over rice.
This Red Beef Curry dish is one of the first things my husband cooked for me when we were first married. He learned to make it while he was living in Australia and I had never had much experience with curry up to that point but I instantly fell in love! I have had numerous curry dishes since but I can definitely say that this one started my more adventurous food tasting and was the first time I realized that I LOVE spicy food! Like, really love! My parents hate anything even remotely spicy so I hadn’t had much exposure to that either.
It is super hot but the flavor is sooo good! This is one of my favorite dishes.
- 2 potatoes sliced or cubed
- 1 large sirloin steak- sliced thin
- 1 packet "A Taste of Thai" red curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup raw peanuts
- salt to taste
- Stir together full packet of curry paste, fish sauce, and half the can of coconut milk in a saucepan on medium heat. (Use less curry paste if you don't like it too spicy).
- Stir in potatoes and steak and let it cook in the curry mixture (let it kind of simmer until steak is cooked through). Slowly stir in the rest of the coconut milk as needed. Potatoes should be soft but not mushy.
- Add peanuts and salt then let cook a few more minutes.
- Serve over rice. We usually drink milk with this to balance out the spiciness!