Chocolate Cherry Mice
Chocolate Cherry Mice are the cutest little Christmastime treats! Sweet chocolate covered cherries with an adorable mouse face that kids love to make and eat.
- 1 cup chocolate candy melts milk or semi-sweet (You can also use chocolate chips with 1/2 teaspoon of shortening or coconut oil)
- 20 Maraschino cherries WITH stems (these are a little hard to find, but they are a must!)
- 20 Hershey's chocolate kisses
- 40 Unsalted peanut halves
- 20 Red-hots
- White decorating frosting I usually just buy a small squeeze tube from the grocery store cake aisle.
In the microwave or over the stove, melt the chocolate. Stir until smooth.
Holding a cherry by its stem, dip it into the chocolate. Place on a baking sheet covered with wax paper.
Press a chocolate kiss to the front of the cherry. The wet chocolate will hold them together. Wedge peanut halves between the cherry and chocolate kiss to make the ears.
Add a couple dots of white frosting for eyes, then put a little melted chocolate on a red-hot and place on the end of the kiss to make the nose.
Here's how to make the body of the cute little mice:
- Unwrap the Hershey kisses and place them in a large bowl.
- Drain cherries in a colander and dry with a paper towel.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl or double boiler.
- Dip the maraschino cherry in the melted chocolate. Hold the cherry by the stem and make sure it is fully covered in the chocolate. Place the dipped cherry on it's side on a rimmed baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper.
- Press a chocolate kiss onto the front of the cherry. It's important to do this while the chocolate covered cherry is still wet so they will stick together.
Serving: 1chocolate mouse | Calories: 87kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 7mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg