Crock Pot White Chicken Chili Recipe
Crock Pot White Chicken Chili is so easy to throw together in the slow cooker on a cold day. Versatile enough to make as mild or spicy as you like!
Servings 8 people
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1-2 cups green salsa mild to hot, to taste
- 2 15 ounce cans corn drained
- 2 15 ounce cans white beans drained and rinsed
- 2 14 ounce cans chicken broth
- 4 cups chicken cooked, shredded
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- dash of chili powder optional, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- tortilla chips to taste
In a large saucepan, cook onion in hot oil over medium heat. After it is caramelized a little bit, add the green salsa. Heat for about 3 minutes.
Combine onion/salsa mixture and all other ingredients, except for the cheese, in a crock pot. Cook on high for 4 hours.
About 10 minutes before serving, add the cheese and stir until melted. This is how we like it best.
If you prefer cooking on the stovetop, combine corn, beans, broth, lime juice, cumin, chili powder and pepper in a large pot on the stove.
Cover and simmer on low for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve with crunched up tortilla chips and more cheese. It's also really good served in bread bowls!
Calories: 476kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 746mg | Potassium: 1084mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 711IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 327mg | Iron: 5mg