Chocolate Cherry Mice
Chocolate Cherry Mice are the cutest little Christmastime treats! Sweet chocolate covered cherries with an adorable mouse face that kids love to make and eat.
- 1 cup chocolate candy melts milk or semi-sweet (You can also use chocolate chips with 1/2 teaspoon of shortening or coconut oil)
- 20 Maraschino cherries WITH stems (these are a little hard to find, but they are a must!)
- 20 Hershey's chocolate kisses
- 40 Unsalted peanut halves
- 20 Red-hots
- White decorating frosting I usually just buy a small squeeze tube from the grocery store cake aisle.
In the microwave or over the stove, melt the chocolate. Stir until smooth.
Holding a cherry by its stem, dip it into the chocolate. Place on a baking sheet covered with wax paper.
Press a chocolate kiss to the front of the cherry. Wedge peanut halves between the cherry and chocolate kiss to make the ears.
Add a couple dots of white frosting for eyes, then put a little melted chocolate on a red-hot and place on the end of the kiss to make the nose.
Serving: 1chocolate mouse | Calories: 87kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 7mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg