Delight your friends and family with this bright and colorful Holiday Punch. The cranberries, raspberries, lime, and mint flavors create a festive and flavorful drink your guests will love!
A festive Holiday Punch is a great way to start any holiday gathering. It is the perfect complement to appetizers or a full holiday meal. Just one look at the beautiful colors and your guests will know you made a special effort to brighten their holiday season.
What ingredients are in a Holiday Punch?
Our Holiday Punch is a drink the whole family can enjoy. Our recipe uses Cherry 7-up and white grape juice. The combination of these two flavors is so delicious! However, there are no limits to what you can use as a base for this punch. A carbonated drink along with a fruit juice is all you need. Mix and match to find your favorite! Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Cranberry Sprite and white cranberry juice
- Sprite or 7-up and white grape juice (this makes a clear punch which is also very pretty!)
- Sprite or 7-up and cranberry raspberry juice
- Ginger Ale and cranberry cherry juice
- Sprite of 7-up and cranberry lime juice
In addition to the punch itself, the berries, mint, and lime are definitely a favorite, but you don’t have to use all of them and you can make substitutions. If you aren’t a fan of mint and lime, no problem! Use orange and lemon wedges instead. You can also substitute blueberries or sliced strawberries. So many options!
How do you serve Holiday Punch?
Of course, a fancy glass punch bowl with fancy glass cups is ideal for a formal holiday gathering. If a gathering is less formal, the punch can be made in any large bowl or pitcher and served in clear plastic cups. The punch is also beautiful served from a decorative water dispenser with the berries, mint, and lime floating at the top. If served this way, have the berries, and mint already in the cups for your guests and a small dish of lime wedges for guests to add on the side.
Holiday Punch for a Crowd
This recipe serves 20, but it can easily be doubled or tripled for larger gatherings. If you aren’t sure how quickly the punch will go, or you want to keep it out for the evening, only make one batch at a time so it stays bubbly. Prepare the cranberries and keep them in the fridge along with the washed raspberries, mint, and lime slices. Keep the soda and juice cold in the fridge or in a cooler. When the punch bowl is running low, this will make it easy to quickly make a fresh batch.
How to Make Holiday Punch
Prepare the Cranberries:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over the stove.
- Add the fresh cranberries and cook for one minute.
- Drain the water from the cranberries in a collander.
For the Punch:
- Combine the white grape juice and cherry 7 up in a large punch bowl.
- Stir in the cranberries, raspberries, and ice.
- Carefully place the sliced limes and mint leaves over the top.
- To serve, use a ladle to pour the punch into individual cups.