Cadbury Creme Easter Cookies are so rich and decadent! Fudgy cookies with a hidden surprise baked right in the center. YUM!
Cadbury Creme Easter Cookies
These chocolate Cadbury Creme Easter Cookies give a whole new meaning to the phrase “hidden Easter eggs”. People use that phrase all the time and not just the kind your kids search for on Easter morning. The words have come to mean hidden gems inside your favorite movie or televisions show or game; things you might not catch unless you’re looking for them. Something unexpected that gives great joy to the person who notices or finds them. Well, we have a more Easter related take on those hidden gems. How about a hiding one of your favorite Easter candies inside a delicious cookie? Now there’s a hidden Easter egg we can all get excited about.
Talk about taking some of our favorite Easter candy to the next level. I mean, what could be better than a warm chocolate cookie with a Mini Cadbury Creme Egg hidden inside? I will tell you. Not much. The melted chocolate and creme inside is as delicious as you are imagining right now. Probably better.
Mini Cadbury Creme Eggs
For this recipe it is important to note that Mini Cadbury Creme Eggs are NOT the mini eggs that have the hard candy shell on the outside. We do have a cookie recipe using those HERE (if that is what you are looking for). These mini eggs are the kind that have the foil wrapping and look just like the original Cadbury Creme Egg. Just smaller. They usually come in a plastic carton of 12. So for this recipe you will just need 2 of those cartons.
Substitutions for this Recipe
- You can use the Mini Cadbury Caramel Eggs instead of the creamy ones. My husband actually liked the caramel Easter cookies better. I liked the Creme Egg Easter cookies best. Totally a personal preference here.
- You can use any kind of cake mix that you would like for these cookies. I like to use the Devil’s Food cake because it makes them extra rich and I love the flavor. You can use German chocolate or regular chocolate as well.
- If you aren’t big into chocolate cookies or cake mix cookies, you can easily make chocolate chip cookies stuffed with the Mini Cadbury Creme Eggs as well. You can use our recipe here and roll the dough around each chocolate mini Cadbury Creme Eggs. If you do it this way, the baking times and temps will be the same as in the recipe below.
Cadbury Creme Easter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees
- Mix cake mix, eggs, and oil until cookie dough consistency.
- Take a small amount of dough and form a ball around each Mini Cadbury Creme Egg. Be sure to only use just enough dough to cover the chocolate egg.
- Place each stuffed cookie dough ball onto a greased cookie sheet and bake 7-8 minutes (do not over bake).
- Remove from oven and allow to cook slightly before serving. Tastes best when served warm!