Our Tasty Coconut Cupcakes are light and fluffy and have the most amazing coconut frosting with a sprinkling of coconut flakes.
Coconut Cupcakes are definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. I LOVE all things coconut, and these Tasty Coconut Cupcakes do not disappoint! They are super moist and fluffy, and the frosting is AMAZING! If you’ve been a fan of this site for a loooooooong time, you may recognize these as one of our first posts! We decided to give it a little TLC and repost it!
You won’t regret making these – trust me! Make sure that when is says, “softened” or “room temperature” that you stick to that! The batter will come out SO much smoother if everything is at room temperature. Also, make sure not to over-mix the batter. Mix it well enough to combine the ingredients, but then stop. Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl very frequently to make sure there aren’t any surprises when you start scooping the batter into the liners. It is VERY important that you don’t overfill the liners. I used my melon-baller to scoop the batter in, and that was just the right amount. I used a thick, round tip on my piping bag to frost these.
The good news is that the coconut you sprinkle over the top hides a LOT, so the frosting doesn’t have to look perfect.
Other Cupcake Recipes:
If you love cupcakes as much as we do, you are going to love our collection of different flavors! Check them all out HERE.
Other Coconut Recipes:
We are big coconut fans and we use coconut in a lot of our recipes. Here are some other coconut favorites:
- Coconut Cream Pie
- Coconut Cake with Coconut Frosting
- Coconut Syrup
- Coconut Macaroon Cookies
- Caribbean Coconut Fudge Bars
- Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars
- Coconut Pecan Cookie Bars
- Coconut Rolls (Pani Popo)
Tasty Coconut Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 325. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about five minutes.
- While mixing on low, add the eggs, one at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl after each egg.
- Add vanilla and almond extract and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and buttermilk to the batter, starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Fold in 1/2 of the coconut.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full. DO NOT OVERFILL. Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and let cool completely.
- While cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting. Cream together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla and almond extracts. Mix until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar a little at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl frequently. Mix until desired consistency.
- Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with remaining coconut.