These homemade Peanut Butter Easter Eggs are a family tradition at Easter. A smooth peanut butter filling covered in chocolate is decorated with icing flowers.
Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
Holidays are a grand time for traditions. If you think for even a moment, I’m sure you can come up with some wonderful traditions from your family — either when you were a child, or things you’ve incorporated into your adult life. So many traditions are centered around food, which in our opinion, is just as it should be.
Growing up we always looked forward to Easter because mom would make us these beautiful and delicious chocolate peanut butter easter eggs! These are so much better than any treats you can buy at the store, not to mention you get so much more for your money! This year I enjoyed making these with my own daughter. Thanks for starting such a fun family tradition mom!
Some Tips and Variations to Try
We love reader comments on all of our posts. It’s such a great way to connect and to see how you’re taking our favorite family recipes and making them your own. Thanks to that kind of feedback, there are a few tips and variations to try when making these delicious Easter treats.
For starters, you can find the egg molds at most craft stores. The eggs end up being around 3 to 3 1/2 inches tall and one batch makes approximately one tray full.
If you want to substitute the chocolate flavored melt wafers with chocolate chips of any flavor, go ahead. But you’ll want to adjust the recipe a bit. Use a 12-ounce bag of chocolate chips and add 1 1/2 Tablespoons of shortening or coconut oil to thin the chocolate. You will need to thin the chocolate in order to make it easier to use in the mold.
Let us know if any other variations work for you.
More Holiday Favorites
Whether its Easter, Christmas, Halloween or the Fourth of July, food is a key part to the celebration. But while we’re on the topic of Easter, here are some other great Easter treats that you will want to bring into your family’s traditions.
- Panoramic Easter Eggs are a fun craft for kids. Decorated with frosting, flowers, jelly beans and little bunnies and chicks, they are simply adorable.
- Easter Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies take chocolate chip cookies to a whole new level!
- Cadbury Egg Easter Cookies are little morsels of chocolatey, creamy, rich goodness. They’ll quickly become one of your favorite Easter cookies.
How To Make Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
- Place chocolate wafers in microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds at half power. Stir. Repeat until wafers are completely melted.
- Spoon melted chocolate into egg molds coating bottom and sides completely, about 1/8 inch thick. Refrigerate 30 minutes until set.
- Meanwhile, place peanut butter in microwave safe bowl and microwave 30 seconds until softened.
- Remove from microwave and stir in powdered sugar and salt until completely blended.
- When chocolate is set, carefully spoon peanut butter mixture into egg molds and flatten (leaving about 1/8 inch between peanut butter and the top of the egg mold).
- Spoon melted chocolate over peanut butter until covered completely and level with egg mold.
- Refrigerate another 30 minutes until set. Carefully remove from molds. Decorate as desired with royal icing.
- Decorate as desired with royal icing.
- Egg candy mold