These Dipped Caramel Pretzel Bites are addicting! You won’t be able to eat just one! They are the perfect, easy treat to take to friends & neighbors.
I made these Caramel Pretzel Bites to take around to my friends and neighbors and they were a HUGE hit. They are so easy to make (especially if you have helpers and can make an assembly line) and oh. my. gosh. they are so delicious! They taste gourmet, yet they are so simple! Be warned.. you can’t stop at just one. We had some left over after taking them to neighbors and they were devoured within minutes. This has become my new favorite sweet & salty holiday snack… trust me, it will be yours too!
These Caramel Pretzel Bites are delicious with our Homemade Christmas Caramels – Christmas Caramel’s Recipe: HERE. You can also make them with store bought caramels, but you will need to soften them up a bit. To use a store-bought caramel (like Brach’s or Kraft), follow these directions:
Directions for Store Bought Caramels
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unwrap each caramel and cut it in half.
- Line a baking sheet with pretzel squares.
- Place a caramel half on each square.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes – long enough for the caramel to become soft.
- Place another pretzel square on top of the caramel and press down gently until the caramel comes just to the edge.
- Allow each “sandwich” to cool before dipping.
How to Make Dipped Caramel Pretzel Bites
These Dipped Caramel Pretzel Bites are addicting! You won't be able to eat just one! They are the perfect, easy treat to take to friends & neighbors.
- Prepare homemade caramel (it should be enough to fill an entire jelly-roll pan, the recipe provided above is the perfect amount). Allow caramel to cool and cut into small squares (about the same size as the pretzels.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate (not including the white chocolate) at 50% microwave power in 30 second increments, until melted-- stirring each time.
- Place a caramel between 2 pretzels and gently press together.
- Dip half of the pretzel "sandwich" into the melted chocolate, shake off excess, and place on to wax paper. Repeat until you run out of caramel and/or pretzels.
- When all the pretzel bites are done and completely set (you may need to put them in the refrigerator), melt white chocolate (same as above) and drizzle over the top of the bites.
- Allow white chocolate to set, then serve! (Yields appx. 200 bites)