Looking to take the family vacation of a lifetime? Look no further than a Disney Wonder Cruise! Come climb aboard and see the wonders that await on this renovated luxury liner for adults and kids alike!
Why You’ll LOVE a Disney Wonder Cruise
Saving up for a dream family vacation but not sure what would be best for the entire gang? There is truly something for everyone aboard the recently renovated Disney Wonder Cruise Line. We had the opportunity to set sail on this ship and we’re pretty much ruined for going on anything other than a Disney cruise after this experience! Children, husbands, grandparents, everyone will have a ball on this boat! If you’re still on the fence, read on on for reasons you may want to opt for a Disney Cruise for your next family trip.
Disney Magic is Everywhere!
Disney is second to none when it comes to attention to detail, and its cruise ships are no exception. From the gorgeous decor, to the musical notes from “When You Wish Upon a Star” chiming whenever the captain makes an announcement, to the hidden Mickeys all over the ship, you can’t help but feel like you’re in a magical atmosphere.
Clean Family Friendly Environment
- You’ll be treated like royalty by the staff (aka cast members) the entire time! From your staterooms to your restaurant staff, everyone is kind and helpful.
- Rooms are cleaned every morning, and the stateroom staff leaves toys, treats and funny towel animals that the kids will love!
- There are no casinos aboard the Disney Wonder, which lends itself to a more family friendly environment.
- Adults wishing to indulge on their vacation can absolutely do so! You can purchase alcohol and enjoy adults only areas, like the adult pool and lounges.
- Everything is clean and well taken care of. The staff washes their hands at stations going in and out of the dining areas, and there are hand washing stations for all the kids going in and out of the kids clubs.
So Much to Do Aboard the Disney Wonder
- Not one but THREE giant pools grace the decks of the ship: one featuring a huge water slide, another with a giant screen playing classic Disney movies ’round the clock, and one just for adults.
- Each night features a Broadway style production show with singing, dancing, and impressive special effects.
- There’s also a giant theater room, screening newer Disney movies any time of day.
Kid and Teen Clubs
- Kids are treated like royalty aboard a Disney cruise! They’re checked into the clubs with wristbands that lock on so it doesn’t get lost. The check-in/out system is completely safe, with two cast members scanning their wristband, scanning the adult’s card and also knowing your family’s secret password.
- Cast members and Disney characters keep the kids entertained with activities all day! There are fun areas like Andy’s room, the trading post from Frozen and a Marvel Hero area. Our kids never wanted to leave!
- The kids are organized into age groups so nobody gets stuck with a group too old or young.
- Teen clubs feature video games and board games and designated times for fun activities and competitions. And they have their own reserved area for some of the outdoor parties on the upper deck.
- The Disney Wonder features three main rotational restaurants and one adult only restaurant (Palo by reservation). With three nights on the ship, you can try each of the restaurants. Your servers rotate restaurants with you so you can get to know them and only have one set of servers to tip at the end of the week.
- The first restaurant is Tiana’s Place. The menus are just like the ones in the Princess and the Frog and features the food and festive atmosphere from New Orleans!
- The second is Tritons, featuring French/American cuisine with an Under the Sea atmosphere.
- Last, and my personal favorite, Animator’s Palate. The room starts in black and white and slowly fills with color on the animated walls. Eventually the room comes to life with scenes and music from favorite Disney animated movies.
There are also free quick service restaurants that are open all the time with unlimited soda fountains and soft serve ice cream.
Pirate Night Party
Pirate night on the Disney Wonder Cruise is a blast! You can bring your own pirate garb, purchase some at the store on ship, or wear the bandanas that they gave everyone aboard. The evening features dancing, games and desserts followed by a fireworks show out at sea!
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
On the themed evenings, your kiddos can get fussed over and dressed up like a pirate at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, a shop that’s very similar to the salon at the Disney parks. So much fun for little girls!
Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay is chock full of beach fun! You’ll be docked there for an entire day and there’s so much to do, you’ll want to stay longer. The island features:
- Private cabana rentals
- Teen and kids beach clubs
- Snorkeling, featuring sunken ships, treasure chests, and lots of beautiful sea creatures.
- Castaway Cay 5k race with Disney medals for participants
- Bike riding
- Water slides on the beach
- Barbecue dining areas with all the food included
- Free soda fountains and soft serve ice cream
- Adorable island shops for souvenirs
Are you convinced yet? Your family will love a dream vacation aboard the Disney Wonder! It may take a bit of saving, but it’s worth every penny. Check out our other posts on favorite Disney tips and tricks for dream trips. Enjoy!