Dreams do come true on a Disney cruise! If you’re looking for the ultimate family cruise experience, the Disney Dream could be your family’s vacation of a lifetime.
Cruising the Disney Dream
With destinations around the world, you are sure to find the perfect cruise your whole family will love. We sailed with the Disney Cruise Line to the Bahamas on the Disney Dream. The 3-night Bahamian cruise features from Port Canaveral with a day at Nassau, Bahamas, and a day at Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island in the Bahamas reserved exclusively for Disney Cruise Line guests. But possibly even better than the destinations are the amenities aboard the Dream. If you’re still on the fence, read on on for reasons you may want to opt for a Disney Cruise for your next family trip.
Warm, Welcoming Atmosphere
- You’ll be treated like family from the moment you step onto the Disney Dream! From the room attendants to dining room servers, the staff in every area of the ship are warm, friendly and ready to assist with anything! We were so impressed with out sweet servers, Fiona and Surya each night. They called us by name, helped us with dietary restrictions and menu selections, and were so fun and entertaining. Everyone on the ship will tell you that they had the best servers, but I’m certain ours were the best of the best!
- Everything on board the Disney Dream is sparkling clean! The dining areas, the youth clubs, the public restrooms, the pools and decks, and our stateroom are kept spotless. We loved coming back to a clean room and the fun towel animals on our beds!
- Of course, the magic of Disney is the detail that makes all the difference. Disney characters are seen throughout the cruise. Dole Whips and Mickey Ice Cream Bars are available on the ship. Music from Disney movies is playing in all of the open areas. There is a Disney “element of fun” everywhere you go.
Activities for Young and Old
Families of all shapes, sizes, nationalities and ages are celebrated on the Disney Dream! There are activities for the whole family to go together as well as age appropriate groups.
- Traveling with kids? There are two “Oceaneer” youth clubs for kids 3 to 12, a club called Edge for kids 11 to 14, and a teen club called Vibe for 14 to 18.
- Kids under three are well taken care of in the Small World Nursery. Parents can even come put their babies down for naps and go play while the baby sleeps, taking comfort that a nursery cast member will be watching them.
- Adults are not forgotten on a Disney cruise too. There are also adult-only areas and pools. There are several adult lounges that each have their own unique look, with fun games and activities scheduled throughout the day.
World Class Entertainment
The entertainment on The Disney Dream is top notch. You’ll be treated to a different Broadway quality show each night. We saw The Golden Mickeys, Beauty and the Beast, and Disney’s Believe. You’ll be blown away by the set design, costumes and performances. Each show is truly captivating!
Pirate Night Party
Pirate night on the Disney Dream Cruise is a blast! You can bring your own pirate garb, purchase some at the store on ship, or wear the bandanas that they gave everyone aboard. The evening features dancing, games and desserts followed by a fireworks show out at sea!
Exceptional Dining Experiences
In addition to the regular dining room, you can experience different dining options on board as well.
- The Enchanted Garden is a gorgeous restaurant featuring water fountains, glass flowers and a ceiling that changes colors during dinner, not to mention mouthwatering dishes like sea scallops. YUM!
- The Royal Palace restaurant is like walking into your favorite fairy tale. Roses on the carpet, a glass slipper chandelier, and paintings on the walls of the Disney princesses with a menu fit for a king and queen. I had the Filet Mignon with Bearnaise Sauce and it was heavenly!
- The interactive entertainment at Animator’s Palate was like nothing we had ever experienced. We were under the sea with Crush, Bruce, Marlin, Nemo, and Dory from Finding Nemo, who chatted with us during dinner. And the food! Black truffle pasta pursiettes, beef tenderloin and creme brûlée were our favorites.
Sweets and Treats
- There are some yummy options to curb your sweet tooth while on the ship. Disney Cruises just started serving Dole Whips and Dole Whip Floats, and they’re way bigger than the Dole Whips that you can get at the parks!
- We also loved Vanellope’s Sweets and Treats! Go for the darling atmosphere and stay for the chocolates, cupcakes and milkshakes.
Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay is chock full of beach fun! The Disney Dream docks there for an entire day and there’s so much to do, you’ll want to stay longer. The island features:
- Private cabana rentals
- Teen and kids beach clubs
- Snorkeling, featuring sunken ships, treasure chests, and lots of beautiful sea creatures.
- Castaway Cay 5k race with Disney medals for participants
- Bike riding
- Water slides on the beach
- Barbecue dining areas with all the food included
- Free soda fountains and soft serve ice cream
- Adorable island shops for souvenirs
- During your day at the Bahamas, visit the historic Parliament Square and the Queen’s Staircase which are within easy walking distance of the ship.
- You can also schedule one of Disney Dream’s port adventures out to a private island with crystal clear water and white sand beaches.
A Disney cruise may take a bit of saving, but it’s worth every penny. Check out our other posts on favorite Disney tips and tricks for dream trips.
- Tips You Must Know to Vacation Like a Pro on Your Disney Cruise
- Dream Big, Princess
- Dining at Remy: Disney Cruise Line’s Luxury Adults Only Restaurant
- The Disney Dream
- The Real Magic of Disney
The Disney Social Media Moms Celebration is a conference by invitation only for Social Media Influencers that we paid a fee to attend. We received complimentary items, special discounts, food, and entertainment so we could experience the magic of the Walt Disney World Resort and the Disney Cruise Line. We were not required to write about our experiences and all opinions are our own.