Easy Berry Pie is full of plump, juicy blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries and tastes delicious with vanilla ice cream. An easy pie recipe for any occasion!
Easy Berry Pie
This Easy Berry Pie is… well, so easy! One of the things I love most about this recipe is that it uses frozen berries. This makes it possible to enjoy a delicious berry pie anytime of the year. The natural juices that come from the berries as they thaw provide all of the moisture needed for the glaze in the filling. The filling sets up so well and stays inside the first cut piece of pie and doesn’t spill out onto the plate. I hate it when that happens!
This is a recipe I make again and again, and I recommend it to new bakers. It is a perfect recipe to ease into the art of pie making. My family loves it. It makes the whole house smell good while it is baking in the oven. Who knew it could be so simple to throw together a pie for dessert?
Tips for a delicious Berry Pie
- Let’s start with the crust. You can use our flaky recipe for the Perfect Pie Crust. It turns out beautifully every time and is not as hard to make as you think. However, if you want to keep things simple, use a store bought pie crust. There are some tasty options in the refrigerated section of your grocery store. The Pillsbury Pie Crusts that come in the tube work great.
- Then head to the freezer section and buy the berries. This is an easy recipe for berry pie, after all. It doesn’t get easier than refrigerated pie crusts and frozen berries!
- Be sure to buy frozen berries without added sugar or it will taste too sweet.
- This pie is even more tasty when served with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.
How to Store a Berry Pie
A Berry Pie is best stored at room temperature. Do not cover the pie. Plastic wrap or foil bring moisture into the crust, making it soggy. You’ll want to finish this pie within a week.
More Tasty Pie Recipes
Host a pie night with some of these decadent recipes!
- Dutch Apple Pie
- Coconut Cream Pie
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Island Pecan Pie
- Traditional Homemade Apple Pie
- Easy Key Lime Pie
How to Make Easy Berry Pie
Easy Berry Pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Measure out berries into a large bowl to thaw. This usually takes about 20 minutes or so. Do not rinse the berries in water or drain the juice from the berries as they thaw.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Pour on top of thawed berries and mix well. The berry/sugar mixture will be thick.
- Place one pie dough crust in the bottom of a 9 inch pie dish.
- Spread berry mixture evenly in the pie crust.
- Add the top crust. Cut slits in the top crust or use cookie cutters to decorate. Press pie edge with a fork to seal the top and bottom crusts together.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until crusts turn a golden brown. Use a pie crust shield if the edge is browning too fast.