Easy Berry Pie is full of plump, juicy boysenberries, blueberries, and raspberries and tastes delicious with vanilla ice cream. An easy pie recipe for any occasion!
Easy Berry Pie
This Easy Berry Pie is… well, so easy! I have never been big on baking pies; I’m just not that good at it. I’m more of a cake and cookie gal. But with this recipe, I’m turning over a new leaf and trying some pie recipes to get ready for Thanksgiving. I love the flavor of berry pies, but many pies made with frozen or fresh berries can turn out runny or soggy. Not the case with this pie recipe! The filling set up so well and stayed inside the first cut piece of pie instead of spilling out onto the pie plate. Has that ever happened to you? This is a recipe I will make again and again, since it’s a perfect recipe to ease into the art of pie making. My family loved it and it made the whole house smell so good while it was baking in the oven. Who knew it could be so simple to throw together a pie for dessert!
Tips for Perfect Berry Pie
- Let’s start with the crust. You can use our flaky recipe for the Perfect Pie Crust. It turns out beautifully every time and is not as hard to make as you think. However, if you want to keep things simple, use a store bought pie crust. There are some tasty options in the freezer section of your grocery store.
- Stay in the frozen foods section and buy the berries too! This is an easy recipe for berry pie, after all. It doesn’t get easier than frozen pie crust and frozen berries!
- Let the berries that in bags on the counter, which takes about 20 minutes.
- Feel free to switch up the berries too! This would be delicious with frozen blackberries, cranberries or cherries too.
- If your filling seems to runny, add a bit more cornstarch.
- Be sure to buy frozen berries without added sugar or it will taste too sweet.
- This pie is even more tasty when served with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.
- Store berry pie either at room temperature or in the refrigerator. You’ll want to finish this pie within about a week or the crust can start getting soggy and not as tender and flaky.
More Tasty Pie Recipes
Host a pie night with some of these decadent recipes!
- Dutch Apple Pie
- Coconut Cream Pie
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Island Pecan Pie
- Traditional Homemade Apple Pie
- Easy Key Lime Pie
How to Make Easy Berry Pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place pie dough in the bottom of two 9 - 9 1/2 inch pie dish.
- Thaw all of the berries in the bag they were purchased in.
- Pour the berries into a large bowl - all of the juice included.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Pour on top of berries and mix well.
- Divide berry mixture between pie crusts.
- Add top crusts.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until crusts turn a golden brown.