This Easy Berry Pie is full of delicious boysenberries, blueberries, and raspberries. You will love this pie served with vanilla ice cream!
This Easy Berry Pie is… well, so easy! I have never been big on baking pies. I’m just not that good at it. I’m more of a cake and cookie gal. But, I’m turning over a new leaf and trying some pie recipes to get ready for Thanksgiving. This is a recipe I will make again and again. My family loved it and it made the whole house smell so good while it was baking in the oven. Who knew it could be so simple to throw together a pie for dessert!
I love the flavor of berries in a pie, but many berry pies turn out runny. That is not the case with this pie. The filling set up so well. It stayed inside the first cut piece of pie instead of spilling out into the pie plate. I used a store bought pie crust and store bought frozen berries. It doesn’t get any easier than that! I just let the berries thaw in the bags on the counter. It took about 20-30 minutes.
Be sure to buy frozen berries that don’t have any sugar added. If you prefer to make your own pie crust (less easy), we have a great recipe for pie crust right here on our site, click here for recipe. This pie is even more wonderful when served with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place pie dough in the bottom of two 9 - 9 1/2 inch pie dish.
- Thaw all of the berries in the bag they were purchased in.
- Pour the berries into a large bowl - all of the juice included.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Pour on top of berries and mix well.
- Divide berry mixture between pie crusts.
- Add top crusts.
- Bake for 45 or until crusts turn a golden brown.