This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie is the perfect tart, cold, creamy summer treat that is easy to prepare and always a favorite. Only three ingredients!
Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie
A slice of this creamy Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie is your official welcome to summer! We know it’s summertime when this dessert becomes a regular after dinner treat around our house, usually served outside on the patio and always an absolute favorite. We’ve loved this recipe for years, when our mom would make it for dessert on Sunday afternoons. These days, my daughters look forward to helping me in the kitchen and this is a super easy recipe for them to help make. Sweet and tangy, creamy and cold with just enough crunch from a simple graham cracker crust, it’s a treat. And it takes less than ten minutes to make! Enjoy this beautiful dessert all summer long!
Want to know what gives this pie its tart pink lemonade flavor? The secret ingredient is a regular packet of Pink Lemonade Kool Aid mix. And don’t opt for the sugar free variety, not this time. Everything in moderation, right? When you mix it with the vanilla ice cream, something magical happens. The mild vanilla ice cream blends together with that delicious lemon flavor that is neither too sweet or too tart. Just dreamy, pink perfection! Kool Aid is a secret ingredient in another recipe… have you tried our Koolickles?
Substitutions for Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie
- You can make your own Perfect Graham Cracker Crust in just minutes. All you need is a bit of melted butter, some graham crackers and a food processor.
- Of course, you can always save time and use a store bought variety.
- Use Oreos to make an Oreo crust instead of graham cracker.
- Make your own ice cream with this super easy Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream recipe. It’s so fun to make with your kids during the summer!
- Try other flavors of ice cream pie by using this same technique! Peach Kool-Aid, strawberry, regular lemonade. Give some a try and see which you like best!
- You can also mix a can of orange juice or pink lemonade concentrate to ice cream for a different summertime treat.
- For a brighter pink color, add a few drops of red food coloring to the mixture.
- the Kool-Aid powder mixes better with softened ice cream so allow it to sit out on the counter for a little bit until it’s just soft.
- Allow the ice cream pie to set in the freezer for about an hour before serving.
- Use a hot knife to cut the pie for picture perfect slices.
More Ice Cream Pie Ideas
There are only a couple of steps to making any kind of ice cream pie. Pick your favorite ice cream flavors, soften the ice cream, add a pie crust, freeze until hardened, and then serve with some delicious toppings or garnish. And once you know that, you can make dozens of different desserts using the same method! Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Peanut butter ice cream paired with a chocolate cookie crust. top with chocolate chips and a drizzle of hot fudge sauce.
- Create a Neapolitan dessert using strawberry ice cream, chocolate cookies for a crust, cookie crumbs on top with a dollop of vanilla whipped cream.
- Make your own asphalt pie with mint chocolate-chip ice cream, a chocolate cookie crust, and a drizzle of caramel sauce and whipped cream.
- Chocolate chip ice cream or chocolate ice cream tastes delicious with a regular graham cracker crust, topped with whipped cream and sprinkles.
- Try a Raspberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Pie garnished with fresh raspberries.
- Butter pecan ice cream in a graham cracker crust garnished with pecans.
- Reese’s Ice Cream pie garnished with chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups.
Scrumptious Summertime Desserts
Light, flavorful, delectable ice cream and cold desserts are what we crave during hot summer months. Try a few of these favorite recipes and enjoy quality time with good treats and good friends and family.
- Raspberry Almond Fudge Ice Cream Cake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Fried Ice Cream
- Deceptively Easy Ice Cream Cake
- Fried Ice Cream
- Duke’s Hula Pie Recipe (Copycat)
How to Make Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie
Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream do not use vanilla bean
- 1 packet pink lemonade Kool-Aid not sugar free
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- a few drops pink food coloring (optional)
- Soften the vanilla ice cream, stir in pink lemonade until completely mixed in and dissolved.
- If you want to give it a brighter pink color, stir in a little bit of pink food coloring.
- Pour into graham cracker pie crust.
- Cover and freeze at least an hour before serving.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.