French bread pizza is one of our favorite weeknight dinners. We will show you the RIGHT way to make it so you get flavorful, cheesy, crisp pizza every time.
Why French bread pizza?
The better question is, why NOT French bread pizza? French bread pizza is SO easy to make. You can have dinner on the table in about 20 minutes! This is the perfect recipe for when you just aren’t feeling up to making homemade dough and you don’t want to wait to get pizza delivered to your door.
How to make French bread pizza NOT soggy
There is a simple way to make French bread pizza so it doesn’t get soggy. All you have to do is layer on some of your toppings FIRST, and THEN add the sauce. I like to do a layer of pepperoni and then spread the sauce over it. Pre-baking the bread also helps so it doesn’t get soggy. You will get lightly crisp French bread pizza every time!
How to freeze French bread pizza
When freezing French bread pizza, follow steps 1-7 in the recipe. Instead of baking the pizzas a second time, place the pizza in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until frozen. You may have to carefully pre-cut the pizza into slices so it will fit. After pizza has been frozen, THEN place slices in individual freezer bags and keep frozen for up to 6 months.
How to reheat French bread pizza
To reheat French bread pizza that has been frozen, preheat oven to 400-degrees. Place pizza slices on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted.
French bread pizza toppings
You can be as creative as you want when it comes to French bread pizza. You can add sausage, mushrooms, olives… ANY of our favorite pizza toppings! The only thing you will want to keep in mind is that if you are freezing the pizzas for later use, make sure you are using freezer-friendly toppings. Toppings such as fresh tomatoes don’t freeze well (and they may make your bread soggy).
How to Make French Bread Pizza
First, spread on some garlic butter and bake (this gives it an AMAZING flavor)
Next, add a layer of pepperoni (this helps the bread from getting soggy)
Then, add your sauce
Then, add cheese and some more pepperoni
Last of all, bake and serve
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- In a small bowl, melt butter. Add garlic powder and fresh parsley.
- Slice French bread lengthwise and brush garlic butter mixture onto the bread.
- Place French bread on a large baking sheet, open-side up. Bake 5-8 minute or until bread is nice and golden-brown.
- Remove bread from oven and reduce oven heat to 350-degrees.
- Place half of the pepperoni in a layer over the bread.
- Spread pizza sauce over the pepperoni, then add cheese and remaining pepperoni.
- Bake for another 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Cut into slices and serve immediately.