French Bread Pizza is one of our favorite easy weeknight dinners. We will show you the RIGHT way to make it so you get flavorful, cheesy, crisp pizza every time.
French Bread Pizza (The RIGHT Way)
French Bread Pizza is crispy, cheesy and easy to put on the table on busy weeknights, or on a Friday pizza night. Faster than you can order pizza from a take-out place you can have delicious pizza in about 20 minutes. This is the perfect recipe for when you just aren’t feeling up to making homemade dough and you don’t want to wait to get pizza delivered to your door.
Tips for Avoiding Soggy French Bread Pizza
I love using French bread when making pizza but for a long time I didn’t understand why it was always soggy and not crispy and cheesy. Here are some tips I found that really help:
- Layer on some of your toppings FIRST, then add the sauce.
- I like to do a layer of pepperoni and then spread the sauce over it.
- Pre-baking the bread also helps so it doesn’t get soggy. You will get lightly crisp French bread pizza every time!
Can I Freeze French Bread Pizza?
- You can freeze this pizza to have on hand for whenever you need a quick dinner or snack. Follow steps 1-7 in the recipe. Instead of baking the pizzas a second time, place the pizza in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until frozen. After it’s completely frozen, place slices in individual freezer bags and keep frozen for up to 6 months.
- To reheat French bread pizza that has been frozen, preheat oven to 400-degrees. Place pizza slices on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Most toppings can be frozen. The only ingredient we’ve found doesn’t freeze well is fresh tomatoes. They can make the bread soggy. Other than that, throw on all of your favorite toppings and freeze away!
Follow These Steps for Perfect Pizza
First, spread on some garlic butter and bake. This gives the pizza an AMAZING flavor.
Next, add a layer of pepperoni. This helps the bread from getting soggy.
Then, add the sauce.
Add cheese and some more pepperoni.
Last of all, bake and serve.
More Delicious Pizza Recipes
My kids would eat pizza every night of the week. To keep things fresh, try some of these delicious pizza recipes:
- BBQ Cilantro Chicken Pizza
- Roasted Butternut Squash Pizza
- Turkey Bacon Avocado Pizza
- Healthy Pizza (only 350 calories)
- Grilled Pesto Pizzas
How to Make French Bread Pizza (the RIGHT way)
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- In a small bowl, melt butter. Add garlic powder and fresh parsley.
- Slice French bread lengthwise and brush garlic butter mixture onto the bread.
- Place French bread on a large baking sheet, open-side up. Bake 5-8 minute or until bread is nice and golden-brown.
- Remove bread from oven and reduce oven heat to 350-degrees.
- Place half of the pepperoni in a layer over the bread.
- Spread pizza sauce over the pepperoni, then add cheese and remaining pepperoni.
- Bake for another 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Cut into slices and serve immediately.