This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This Chicken Pizza with Lemon is perfect for spring, it is just bursting with fresh flavors and vibrant colors. Lemon cream sauce, artichokes, arugula, and feta.
Featured with this Recipe
We made this Chicken Pizza with Lemon yesterday for Pi Day and it was so tart and yummy! It is the perfect spring pizza, just bursting with fresh flavors and vibrant colors. The pie can be made as an easy lunch, or a fun pizza night dinner. We started with Elise’s amazing pizza dough then layered on a lemon cream sauce. Next we sprinkled it with shredded mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced lemons, artichoke hearts, sliced lemon pepper chicken and feta cheese. After baking we topped it with some fresh arugula! My kids even loved Chicken Pizza with Lemon – as long as they could pick off the arugula. 😉 They don’t know what they are missing. There is a slice left in the fridge that no one better touch! I called it first!
Ingredients in Chicken Pizza with Lemon
- Pizza Dough – use store-bought or use our Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
- Mozzarella Cheese – you can use shredded or fresh mozzarella.
- Cooked Chicken – grill chicken breasts with lemon pepper seasoning or use our Lemon Pepper Chicken recipe. You can also use rotisserie chicken for extra convenience.
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- Feta Cheese
- Arugula – you can also use spinach or fresh basil
- Optional – sprinkle with lemon zest. Also, if your kids are like mine, they will want to dip the crust in ranch.
Lemon Cream Sauce Ingredients
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Garlic Powder
- Parmesan Cheese
- Lemon Juice
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
Ingredients for Homemade Pizza Dough
Made with easy pizza dough ingredients, this is one of the easiest and best homemade pizza recipes you’ll ever try. Here’s what you need:
- Warm water – about one and a half cups. Make sure it’s hot to the touch but not so hot that it kills the yeast.
- Sugar – a couple of tablespoons mixed with the water helps activate the yeast quickly.
- Active dry yeast – one ¼ oz. packet
- All purpose flour– just under four cups. Keep a little extra to create a lightly floured surface for rolling out the dough.
- Kosher salt – one tablespoon. You can use regular table salt if that’s what you have on hand.
- Extra virgin olive oil – three tablespoons
Lemon on a Chicken Pizza!?
I know you’re thinking that we are crazy to put lemon on a pizza but TRUST US – it is SO GOOD! That was my favorite part! My mouth waters just typing about it. I discovered lemon on a pizza at Pizzeria Limone in Utah! I turned up my nose at it at first but once I had one bite I was hooked! When you bake the lemon it becomes almost savory. Make sure to slice the lemon suuuuuuper thin so it bakes quicker. Leave us a note in the comments if you’ve tried lemon on a pizza and if you try our recipe for Chicken Pizza with Lemon!
Classic Chicken Pizza
If you’ve got picky eaters in your house, then try a more traditional chicken pizza – homemade bbq chicken pizza. Use bbq sauce (we love Sweet Baby Rays) as the pizza sauce, then top with cooked chicken, mozzarella cheese, gouda cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, sliced red onion, and pineapple (if that’s your thing). Garnish with fresh cilantro and a barbecue sauce drizzle.
Frequently Asked Questions
Definitely cooked!! Raw chicken will not cook in time with the rest of the ingredients.
This pizza has lemon, marinated artichoke hearts, feta, mozzarella, and arugula. You could also add roasted garlic, fresh basil, zucchini, thinly sliced red onion, or mushrooms.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat in the oven or air fryer for best results. Reheating in the microwave will produce soggy pizza.
Other Pizza Recipes You’ll Love
If you love our Chicken Pizza with Lemon then you’ll love these other unique pizza recipes!
- Mediterranean Flatbread Pizzas
- Easy Fruit Pizza
- Thai Chicken Pizza
- Roasted Butternut Squash Flatbread Pizza
- Turkey Bacon Avocado Pizza
- Antipasto Pizza with Fresh Garlic Sauce
How to Make Chicken Pizza with Lemon
Chicken Pizza with Lemon
For the Lemon Cream Sauce:
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, bring all ingredients except the cheese and lemon juice to low boil. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese and lemon juice until cheese completely melts into the sauce.
For the Pizza:
- Roll dough out into a large circle and place onto a large cookie sheet, pizza stone, or pizza pan. Spread the top evenly with lemon cream sauce, then top with mozzarella cheese, lemon slices, artichoke hearts, lemon pepper chicken, and feta cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18 to 25 minutes. Dough should be completely cooked in the center and cheese should be melted, if not add more time.
- When fully cooked, let sit for 5 minutes before slicing. Then top with pieces of arugula lettuce.
- Make sure to slice the lemons very thin so they will cook evenly.
- Use fresh mozzarella instead of shredded if desired.
- Optional Additional Toppings: fresh basil, roasted garlic, balsamic glaze
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.