This Chicken Pizza with Lemon is perfect for spring, it is just bursting with fresh flavors and vibrant colors. Lemon cream sauce, artichokes, arugula, and feta.
Chicken Pizza with Lemon
We made this Chicken Pizza with Lemon yesterday for Pi Day and it was so tart and yummy! It is the perfect spring pizza, just bursting with fresh flavors and vibrant colors. The pie can be made as an easy lunch, or a fun dinner. We started with Elise’s amazing pizza dough then layered on a lemon cream sauce. Next we sprinkled it with shredded mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced lemons, artichoke hearts, sliced lemon pepper chicken and feta cheese. After baking we topped it with some fresh arugula! My kids even loved Chicken Pizza with Lemon – as long as they could pick off the arugula. 😉 They don’t know what they are missing. There is a slice left in the fridge that no one better touch! I called it first!
Lemon on a Chicken Pizza!?
I know you’re thinking that we are crazy to put lemon on a pizza but TRUST US – it is SO GOOD! That was my favorite part! My mouth waters just typing about it. I discovered lemon on a pizza at Pizzeria Limone in Utah! I turned up my nose at it at first but once I had one bite I was hooked! When you bake the lemon it becomes almost savory. Make sure to slice the lemon suuuuuuper thin so it bakes quicker. Leave us a note in the comments if you’ve tried lemon on a pizza and if you try our recipe for Chicken Pizza with Lemon!
Other Pizza Recipes You’ll Love
If you love our Chicken Pizza with Lemon then you’ll love these other unique pizza recipes!
- Mediterranean Flatbread Pizzas
- Easy Fruit Pizza
- Thai Chicken Pizza
- Roasted Butternut Squash Flatbread Pizza
- Turkey Bacon Avocado Pizza
- Antipasto Pizza with Fresh Garlic Sauce
How to Make Chicken Pizza with Lemon
For the Lemon Cream Sauce:
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, bring all ingredients except the cheese and lemon juice to low boil. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese and lemon juice until cheese completely melts into the sauce.
For the Pizza:
- Roll dough out into a large circle and place onto a large cookie sheet or pizza pan. Spread the top evenly with lemon cream sauce, then top with mozzarella cheese, lemon slices, artichoke hearts, lemon pepper chicken, and feta cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18 to 25 minutes. Dough should be completely cooked in the center and cheese should be melted, if not add more time.
- When fully cooked, let sit for 5 minutes before slicing. Then top with pieces of arugula lettuce.